Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Life and Times of one Mario, Super

I am alive, but I am not...whole; I am not complete. I feel like I've been doing the same thing over and over and over again. I do not understand why. I only know that I must go forward, and occasionally I must jump. Then everything just repeats. I don't know how long I can take this.

Start was finally pressed today...but I am unable to move; I am paralyzed with fear! The thing I've been waiting my whole life for, and I can't move! For what seems like an eternity I simply stand there, when suddenly I am overcome with the desire to move right...I can't explain it. It's like there's someone controlling me. I don't care though; I'm just happy to move forward, to jump occasionally.

I realize quickly that I can't see what's in front of me. I can only put my faith in some higher power to keep me from falling, to keep me from being killed by monsters. My faith is tested time and time again as I die. I have lost faith more than once; I have heard the Game Over music on numerous occasions. However, I always regain my faith when my God presses start; wills me forward. He still loves me unconditionally. He still wants me to be complete. He must.

Today I finally reached the castle. My God has lead me this far, and I am thankful. I feel like he is getting better at directing me. I die far less often as I once did, and I frequently feel refreshed by something I can only describe as fungal bliss. Sometimes, I feel so good that I shoot fire out of my hands...but that didn't help today. I reached a section today that wouldn't scroll, and I died a few times from fire myself. I finally overcame this obstacle however, when I touched the mighty battleaxe. I found myself excited; overwhelmed even, at the thought of finally obtaining that which would make me complete. Instead, I was greeted by some fungi that tells me that my Princess is in another castle.

I have lost faith. My God has failed me. He hasn't forgotten me, but I have forgotten him. Why would he continue torturing me if I can never reach my lover? Why would he fill my head with hopes and dreams, and repeatedly dash them as I meet fungi after fungi telling me my Princess is in another castle? Why would he do this to me?

Today I have renewed faith! Don't ask me how, but my God has led me to a portal system that let's me skip those accursed eumycetal taunters. I quickly find myself on what must be my final trials. My God has led me this far; I shall never doubt him again.

In my younger days, I'd have despaired at the misery of this final area, but now my faith is resolved. I shall not forget my God this day. He has led me to the final axe, and I know she'll be waiting. I have found my missing piece. I am complete. I know she loves me. I wait to hear her beautiful voice, and am rewarded with "Thank you Mario," you're welcome. "Your quest is over," thanks to my merciful and persistent God. "We present you a new quest," WHAT? WE? What's going on here!? "Push button B to select a world."

-AfroRyan
Super!

No comments: