Monday, April 18, 2005

Concerning the lilacs...

I'm at school right now...in web design...and I'm pretty bored. The cool kid sittin' next to me is doin' all the work, and I kind of feel bad. Speaking of which, Adobe is slated to aquire Macromedia! That's insane! They say they're thinking about combining Flash and .pdf files...which is great in my opinion, because Adobe Acrobat is teh suck (and I hope it never comes back)! However, the inevitable eradication of Macromedia Fireworks is likely to come to pass within the next 3 years...maybe sooner. After all, there's absolutely no reason to keep that property when Photoshop is being produced (although I guess any cool feature of Fireworks [and I'm pretty sure there aren't any] could be implemented within future Photoshops). I guess they could always create a Fireworks "skin" within Photoshop for those who fear change.
In other news, the Halo 2 Cheat Fix Autoupdate (or the H2CFAU for short) comes out today!!! That also means that the first batch of maps will probably come out within a couple of weeks! Horray!
In a totally unrelated matter, I'm thinking about teaching myself various Web Development tools/scripts. I would love to have a great understanding of HTML and DHTML. Flash would be fun to learn...as would Java (although Java isn't so much a web development tool as it is a programming language). Regardless if that happens or not, I'd love to see Logan's "Tears of 'Nam" series of blogs become its own Website. If that ever becomes the case, I would love to be able to help with it on the technical side. And hey, even if I don't learn any of that stuff, I could always just steal someone else’s site design (I'm looking at you, HBO).

-AfroRyan
People sometimes tell me...

2 comments:

Vietnam War Hero said...

Hey Ryan, I'm going to need you to change my PSP link to http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17215955 .
An account problem that had to do with multiple accounts. Thanks again and may 'Nam live on.

AfroRyan said...

It's been done. Both updated.